Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fun Day At The Zoo!

On Friday we had a fun filled day at the zoo! I know it's a bit of a late update but I misplaced my camera until this morning so I had no choice. LOL I know silly silly me. Anyways, my company had an event (quarterly award ceremony) from 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Dallas Zoo that yesterday so I figured it was a great opportunity to have a fun day at the zoo with my favorite two guys! Lloyd took the day off (which isn't hard to do with your Father-in-law as your boss! ;) and met me up there with Mr.T at 3! I was super excited all day and couldn't wait to see if my little guy was at all interested in the animals. He did have a little fun but I think he could have had the same amount of fun at home. LOL Nonetheless Mommy and Daddy had a bunch of fun and a ton of pictures! At the last minute a friend of ours (Melanie) and her son decided to join us! I was glad they got to come along! We hadn't seen her in awhile so it was good to catch up and gaze at the amazing animals! Now I kind of went picture crazy so you will have to excuse me! We got some great shots though!


Catching a bite to eat before hitting the habitats! LOL

MMMM...is that burger good Lloyd?

Tristan decided that his bib would be good enough for him! Melanie and Jackson - We love you guys!
That's one yummy hot dog!
Mommy gave big boy his meal
Then it was off to see the birds! There weren't that many for some reason but we did get to see the Eagles. They really are beautiful. These pictures don't do them justice. This guy's beak was quite large! His head was about the size of a soft ball!
This Eagle (some species I don't remember the name of!) had a very weird head. He kept spreading his wings and I wanted a picture of it sooo bad! Unfortunately I am not that skilled so this was the best picture I was able to get!
Baba's loves turtles! Okay so maybe we love them for him. LOL His room is full of turtles - in fact his bedding set is called Turtle Bay! Anyways, they had a lot of turtles and even a big statue of one. Tristan and Daddy had a lot of fun posing on this one!
Smile for the camera!
One of these guys was super fast! He kept going all over the place! The others just kinda laid around. LOL
Look at the turtles Tristan!
Gotta have his Momma!
The next stop was the Tigers. They were locked up pretty tight so I wasn't able to get any close ups but there was one gorgeous female tiger laying in the grass. She got up and starting pacing when we were there so we got a little nervous! We did read up on them and enjoyed all the interesting facts about this amazing animal. Lloyd got a little frisky with model! LOL
Look at that claw!

The monkeys were around the corner from the Tigers. Pictures were really hard to get but we got an AWESOME video of the monkeys chasing birds! Once I figure out how to load a video on here I will add it. They were funny little guys!

Behind bars (I felt kinda bad for the long limbed guys!)
They did have an elephant too but she was by herself. We didn't get to see her for very long because they were bringing her in for some reason. Maybe that's where all the hefalumps were!
The Rhinos were very photogenic. They were like seriously posing for people - it was so funny. They would like put one foot in front of the other and stop and stand there while people took pictures! They were soo big and their horns were kind of scary!
They were the only animal Tristan showed interest in. He screamed at them - I think he wanted to play with em'! I don't think that would have been a very good idea so we just let him peer from far away! :)
The cheetah was apparently having a leisure day. After all it was Friday! He was gorgeous but also a little scary!
I thought it was kinda funny that they put the cheetah next to all the deer and stuff! This guy was sleeping really oddly. I thought it was an interesting pose so I had to get a shot!
Another deer looking thing I don't know the name of!
These guys were awfully smelly! Not to easy on the eyes either. LOL They were scoffing and scraping the feet in the dirt! We sang the song from The Lion King to them because they reminded us of Pumba!
Another sculpture! This one was just as ugly as the creature itself!
I put this hat on him because I was worried he was going to get over heated! I got an ice water when we got there and I would dip the hat in there every so often and put it back on his head. At first he didn't like it but then he got to were he wanted me to keep it super cold! It made me feel better about taking him out in the semi heat. LOL He is so cute in hats!
Heading out after a long day of fun!

Of course we had to stop by the gift shop on our way out and grab a picture frame so we can get one of these great shots and cherish it forever! We had such a great time and can't wait to go back - hopefully when it's a little cooler outside. I really want to go to the Aquarium next time but we'll save that for another adventure!

No comments: